Would you like to become a full member of the Catholic Church?
What is the RCIA? What is Adult Confirmation?
RCIA stands for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and it is the process for adults -to join or complete their initiation into the Catholic Church. Adult Confirmation is for baptized Catholics who have celebrated Reconciliation and Eucharist but have not complete their initiation through the Sacrament of Confirmation
Is the RCIA or Adult Confirmation for me?
The RCIA is for three groups of people:
- Those who are not baptized.
- Those who were baptized into another Christian denomination and wish to enter into full communion with the Catholic Church.
- Baptized Catholics who were never formed in the Catholic faith and have not completed their initiation; that is, who have received neither of the sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist.
Adult Confirmation is for baptized Catholics who have celebrated Reconciliation and Eucharist but have not complete their initiation through the Sacrament of Confirmation.
How does the RCIA work? RCIA consists of four periods of formation which are marked by rituals that celebrate what has been completed and call a person into the next phase. There is no specific length of time for each period. The RCIA is a journey that "takes as long as it takes," according to each individual.
- The Inquiry or Precatechumenate
- The Catechumenate
- The Lenten period of Purification and Enlightenment
- Mystagogy or a time of deeper understanding of the "mysteries"
Commonly asked questions
When are sessions held?
September 25 through the Easter season until April 30 (2016-2017) and Sunday mornings from 9:00-10:15 a.m.
Is there a fee/charge? No
Do I need a sponsor? Yes AND we will help you find one if you need assistance.
What are some of the topics we will be studying? Scripture, The Creed, Sacraments, The Liturgy, Catholic Social Teaching, Prayer Forms, and much more.
How do I find out more about being a part of the RCIA or Adult Confirmation program at St. James or St. Theresa?
Email Suzanne Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 262-363-7615. Please complete the registration form on the website and drop it off at the Parish office or mail it to Suzanne Foster, St. James Parish, 830 County Road NN E, Mukwonago, WI 53149.